From pristine flats for stalking bonefish, to deep sea fishing only 15 minutes from the docks in Nassau, the islands of the Bahamas have it all for anglers. Fishing guides, charters, and lodges in the Bahamas are listed below and organized by island. Plus, scroll down for what to know when planning a fishing trip in the beautiful Bahamas. All guides, charters, and lodges in bold can be be booked and paid online through Fisher Guiding.
When booking through Fisher Guiding, your reservation is held for the dates booked and payment is securely processed and monitored by our customer service team. Our network is built to make it easy to book fishing trips and travel with peace of mind.
Fishing Guides, Charters, and Lodge Options
Nassau and Paradise Island
Ideally located for sport fishing, water depths carrying schools of wahoo, tuna, and mahi-mahi are located only about a 1/4 mile from the harbor here. You can find yourself fishing within 15 minutes of leaving the dock!
- Simon "Bonefish" Bain: Bonefish the flats surrounding Nassau and Paradise Island for a half day at $450 or a full day at $650 for 1-2 fishers. Add a third angler for $75. Simon's special summer rates (June through mid-October) are $400 for a half day and $500 for a full day, with $50 for a third angler. Book Simon "Bonefish" Bain.
- Fly Fishing Casting Lessons: Simon also offers casting lessons for individuals and groups, at $100 per hour for 1-2 people, and an additional $50 per person per hour. Though Simon is based in Nassau, he is also available for lessons all across the Bahamas with travel expenses at cost. Want to practice or learn before your trip? Simon even offers lessons by video for $75 per hour. Book Simon "Bonefish" Bain.
Featured Review for Simon "Bonefish" Bain from Glen Eades (February 26, 2019): "My son (Dillon) & I recently had a day long guided "bonefish" tour with Simon - and what an awesome day we enjoyed. Not only was Simon a great guide that shared my son's passion for fly fishing, he was also a great teacher. He taught me the basics (the beginner) in under 3 min, and gave tips to my son that he'll take back home with him. Simon's a wonderful man - who enjoyed sharing his local knowledge & fly fishing experience. Highly recommend."
- Captain Ruben Brown: Ruben works closely with Simon "Bonefish" Bain and also guides the flats around Nassau and can take you for bonefish, permit or tarpon. Captain Brown's rates are $400 for a half day, $500 for a full day. Book Captain Ruben Brown - Bonefishing in Nassau.
- Chubasco Charters: Choose a trip on any of the 3 boats in their fleet, ranging from $650 for a half day for 1-5 people, to $1900 for a full day for 1-8 people.
Featured Review for Chubasco Charters (48' Hatteras) from Taylor Tipton (November 27, 2018): "Captain Mike and Freddy did a great job. We caught fish, snorkeled, and enjoyed the time on the water. It was a good day!"
- Born Free Fishing Charters: Book a trip on any of the 6 boats in their fleet, ranging from $650 for a half day for 1-6 fishers to $3500 for a full day on the Cocorijo for up to 12 fishing guests or 18 people for snorkeling.
- Born Free (48' Chris Craft) for up to 10 fishers.
- Born Free II (35' Allmand) for up to 6 fishers.
- Sitting Pretty (31' Bertram) for up to 6 fishers.
- Reel Dreams Sport Fishing Charters: $525 - $1360. See more info and contact for help booking.
- Hunter Charters: $750 - $1500. See more info and contact for help booking.
- Fishing 242 Charters: $650 - $1250. See more info and contact for help booking.
- Superadventures Watersports: $100 - $800. See more info and contact for help booking.
- Two Boys Inn: Fish for monster bonefish and stay with hosts and guide Captain Frankie Neymour and his wife Melinda. Prices range from $1000 for 3 nights and 2 days of fishing (double occupancy) to $3850 for 7 nights and 6 days of fishing (single occupancy). Book Two Boys Inn.
- Captain Neymour's Guest House: Captain Barry Neymour and his wife Sheree operate a four room guest lodge of their dreams. Prices range from $750 for 1 night and 1 day of fishing to $4500 for 6 nights and 6 days of fishing. Book Captain Neymour's Guest House.
- Andros Outdoor Adventures: $600 - $1000. See more info and contact for help booking.
- Big Bonefishing Charters: $500 - $650. See more info and contact for help booking.
- Carolina Gentleman: $1500 - $1700. See more info and contact for help booking.
- Solomon's Guiding Services: $450 - $600. See more info and contact for help booking.
- Laylow In Bimini Fishing Guide: $550 - $1955. See more info and contact for help booking.
- Bow Leg Charters: Captain Reynold Butler operates a 25 ft. Sea Wind boat for bonefishing, reef fishing, or trolling with 1-4 guests. Prices for any style of trip are $525 for a half day and $1005 for a full day. Book Bow Leg Charters.
- Top Cats Fishing: $600 - $800. See more info and contact for help booking.
- Bonafide Bonefishing and Lodge: You can book guided half day and full day trips with Guide Docky Smith or fishing and lodge packages to stay hosted by Docky and his wife Jill. Go bonefishing, permit fishing, deep sea or reef fishing. Trips range from $500 for a half day bonefishing to $1200 for a full day deep sea or reef fishing. Lodge packages are 5 nights and 3 days of guided fishing for $3300 and $3675 for 7 nights and 3 days of guided fishing. Book Bonafide Bonefishing and Lodge.
- Bonefish Paradise Fishing Guided Services: Fly fish with "Bonefish Dwayne" Knowles and his brother Elvis in the clear crystal waters of Deadman's Cay. Dwayne's father, Ivan Knowles, was the first guide fishing the flats in the Deadman's Cay area. Book a full day of fishing for $500, or a package for 7 nights and 6 days of guided fishing hosted by Dwayne and his wife Samantha. Send a message if you're interested in a custom package. Book Bonefish Paradise Fishing Guided Services.
Featured Review for Bonefish Paradise Fishing Guided Services from Isaac Schuchat (March 22, 2019): "Even though weather conditions were not favorable, Dwayne worked hard all day to find fish and stay out of the rain. He is knowledgable, patient, and friendly, and was willing to stay out an extra hour. He also picked us up and dropped us off right in front of our Airbnb, eliminating the need for transportation. Would recommend."
- Bonefish Master LLC: $350 - $450. See more info and contact for help booking.
Freeport and Grand Bahama Island
- West End Ecology Tours - Capt. Keith Cooper: Fish and learn on an "Out Island" ecology tour full of natural wonders and beauty. The West End is a unique ecosystem and has a rich cultural history which Capt. Keith enthusiastically teaches on during your trip. Experience fantastic fishing, a signature stingray tour, snorkeling, birding, wrecks, colorful reefs and nearby cays. Book West End Ecology Tours.
- West End Watersports - Capt. Kenneth Christie: Enjoy charters with the authorized watersports provider of Old Bahama Bay and caretakers of the private island, Sandy Cay. Choose among multiple types of activities for your trip (fishing, diving, feeding stingrays, sun and swim). Prices are $750 for half day charters, or $1050 for full day charters. Book West End Watersports.
- Island Life Tours: $500 - $1400. See more info and contact for help booking.
- Tailin' Boner Charters: $950 - $1550. See more info and contact for help booking.
- Whitney Rolle's Firefly Bonefish: $400 - $550. See more info and contact for help booking.
- JR's Bonefish Abaco: Fish the flats, reef, or deep sea with 1-4 guests. Prices range from $400 for a half day flats fishing to $900 for a full day deep sea fishing. Book JR's Bonefish Abaco.
- Capt. Rick Sawyer - Abaco Flyfish & Charters: $400 - $750 from Green Turtle Cay. See more info and contact for help booking.
- Seaclusion Yacht Charters: $1450 - $3895. See more info and contact for help booking.
- Jody's Bonefishing: $400 - $750. See more info and contact for help booking.
- Justin Sands Bonefishing: $400 - $750. See more info and contact for help booking.
Great Exuma Island
- Exuma Bonefishing Guide: $350 - $500. See more info and contact for help booking.
- Exuma Fly: $350 - $650. See more info and contact for help booking.
- Fish Rowe Charters: $900 - $1800. See more info and contact for help booking.
Great Harbour Cay / Berry Islands
- Grey Ghost: $400 - $600. See more info and contact for help booking.
Fly Fishing Casting Lessons Across the Bahamas:
- Note: While the rest of this page is largely organized with guides, charters, and lodges listed by island or island group, if you are looking simply for lessons, Simon "Bonefish" Bain uniquely offers fly casting lessons across all the islands of the Bahamas for individuals and groups. As Simon is based in Nassau, travel expenses are additional if requesting lessons for another island. Rates are $100 per hour for 1-2 people, and an additional $50 per person per hour. Want to practice or learn before your trip? Simon even offers lessons by video for $75 per hour. Book Simon "Bonefish" Bain.
What to Know Before You Go
With Nassau's airport being less than an hour-long flight from Miami, the Bahamas are one of the most accessible destinations in the Caribbean for many travelers coming from the U.S.
Anglers love to visit for the island chain's pristine flats and clear blue water. Large bonefish and permit are plentiful in the flats, nearshore fishing offers the chance to catch species like barracuda and jacks, and there is good offshore fishing for tuna, wahoo, mahi mahi, and more. Spearfishing is also a popular method in the Bahamas and something worth trying if you've never given it a shot!
Our team can think of many reasons that make the all-around experience in the Bahamas well worth a visit. There's the seafood, specifically favorites like conch salad or fritters and hog fish. Kalik is probably the most popular local beer to wash it all down with. The people are friendly and helpful, and in addition to fishing, the reefs offer incredible snorkeling and diving opportunities. Come curious to experience and learn about rich traditions -- one of the most exciting times to visit is for Junkanoo, a festival traditionally taking place around Christmas and the New Year.
Many of the islands and areas have unique specialties or characteristics. For example, Abaco is famous for boat building and for the Marls (pictured left/above, a large area of mangroves, channels and shallows off the Western side), Andros is known for big bonefish, and Eleuthera is famous for pink sand beach. Visit the Out Islands if you want to venture off the beaten path.
Plan your trip to come relax and fish, and the fishing, culture and people may keep you coming back year after year!
Tight lines from the Fisher Guiding Team! Reach out to us if you need help booking with any of the guides listed above.