Belize is a traveler’s paradise and an excellent fishing destination full of expert fishing guides and charters, especially for fly fishers looking to catch a grand slam of tarpon, permit and bonefish (all three fish species are strictly catch and release in Belize). Other fish to catch include snook, red snapper, barracuda, amberjacks, mahi mahi, jack crevalle, wahoo, grouper, bonito, king mackerel, Blue Marlin, White Marlin, sailfish, yellowfin tuna, and blackfin tuna.
Come for inshore fishing on flats or the reef or deep sea fishing, and choose from any of the guides and charters below. All guides listed here can be booked and paid securely and directly online through Fisher Guiding.
Fishing Guides, Charters, and Trip Options by Location
(All guides listed can be booked directly and paid online through their linked pages.)
San Pedro / Ambergris Caye
- Green Horizon Flats Fishing is run by the Verde brothers, Nathaniel (Nato) Verde, Ezekiel Verde, and Tayo Verde, who have been working together as fishing guides since childhood. They have 3 Panga boats to accommodate up to 6 anglers total between them all, or a 38-foot Sea Ray Cabin Cruiser that can be booked for a 6-day, 7-night trip ($2500) to be able to spend the most time fishing.
- GoFish Belize: Abner Marin and his wife Marisela run this premier operation for both fly fishing and light tackle, with Abner serving as head guide and additional guides on the team, guaranteeing availability on most dates. GoFish Belize is one of our top recommendations from past fishers for fly and spin fishing, and they can be booked for snorkeling and night fishing as well (from $350). See more info, contact, and book online.
- Laji Nunez Jr. and Laji Sr., are a father-son team operating as New Day Adventures (from $285). They offer reef fishing (from $285) and offshore fishing (from $360) on a 25' Mexican Skiff as well as deep sea fishing trips (from $700) on a 34' Dorado Offshore Skiff. Trips with New Day Adventures are for spin fishing and trolling and may also be combined with snorkeling and beach BBQ's with your catch.
- Xsite Belize offers inshore charters (from $275) as well as overnight trips on their live aboard catamaran for fishing, diving, snorkeling, and camping. They also have a separate listing for deep sea charters (from $535). Click either of the linked pages for more info, to contact, and book online.
- Palapa Tours offers fishing and snorkeling charters from two boats, a 23' Lanchon for fishing trips with up to 5 guests or snorkeling up to 8 guests and a 29' offshore boat for fishing trips up to 6 guests or snorkeling up to 20 guests. Tours can include combinations of fishing, spearfishing, and snorkeling the reef or Belize's famous marine reserves. Fishing starts between $250 - $700 depending on the trip type, and snorkeling trips are $45 per person for half days, $90 per person for full days. Click either of the linked boats for more info, to contact, and book online.
- Strike Force Fishing Charters with Darryl Lewis operates trips out of Grand Caribe Belize on a Strike 29' with Twin diesel engines. Half day trips are $550 for the morning, 7 am - 12 pm, or afternoon from 1 pm until dusk. Full day charters are $750. See more info, contact, and book online.
- Outcast Fishing Belize is run by Maxi Valdez, offerings trips on a 23' Lanchon. They offer half day reef fishing trips ($350) and full day catch, clean, and cook trips including spearfishing for $550. See more info, contact, and book online.
Placencia (*for Harvest Caye, contact Hardcore Fishing Belize)
- Guide Grayson Sierra of WaataDaag Fishing offers half day trips for $265.95 and full day trips for $372.50. See more info, contact, and book online.
Featured Review for WaataDaag Fishing (March 31, 2018): "I fished with Grayson for 4 days in early March, getting away from the cold Canadian winter. Grayson knows his stuff, manages his clients well, and gets you onto fish! Between me and my friend, we boated nearly 100 fish! We fished inshore, in a river, cast to fish, trolled the edges of reefs... we did it all! I got a chance to use my fly rod for a couple of days (28 fish one day), and we used spinning gear also. On one occasion, we had fish on 3 rods at the same time... me, my friend and Grayson all fighting fish! We kept a couple of fish, and Grayson actually cooked them up for us at his family restaurant... His mother makes a fantastic key lime pie for dessert. If you want a guide who knows his stuff, looks after you and is flexible; use Grayson. I'll be going to Belize to fish with Grayson again for certain. Niel Palmer."
- Daniel Cabral’s Fishing Service offers full day trips for 1-2 anglers fishing the flats, reef, or offshore for $450. See more info, contact, and book online.
- Hardcore Fishing Belize serves Placencia and makes calls to Harvest Caye for guests coming on Norwegian Cruise Line. Captain Erwin Westby and crew have several trip options to take you fishing in the inner reef, outer reef, deep sea, or cayes. Book a trip for up to 6 anglers with conventional (spin) or trolling gear on their 32' Pelagic boat, with rates starting at $1100. For smaller groups of up to 3 anglers, book a fly or spin fishing for up to 3 anglers on one of their 23’ skiffs, the Fish Frenzy or Light Tackle (each from $400). Click any of the linked boats for more info, to contact, and book online.
Featured Review for Hardcore Fishing Belize - Light Tackle from Michael Rager (July 24, 2018): "My 7 year old son and I had the pleasure of fishing with Capt. Martin one of Erwin''s captains. My wife was concerned since it looked a little rough and this was sons first time fishing on a boat. Man did we have a great time. My son caught 7 species of fish with highlight being a 20lb Cuda. He was grinning ear to ear all day. He is still talking about all the fun he had and how nice Capt. Martin was."
- Conrad Villanueva’s Placencia Wildside Adventures is a full-service option to get set up on a private boat with an expert fishing guide, prepare a beach BBQ for lunch with your morning’s catch, and can combine fishing trips with lobster hunting and snorkeling on Belize’s barrier reef. View trip options for up to 8 guests, with rates starting at $315 for a half-day for 1-2 anglers. See more info, contact, and book online.
- Mojo Big Game Fishing (from $450) offers an inshore fishing option, deep sea fishing, and for those seeking an adrenaline-filled trip, spear fishing! See more info, contact, and book online.
If you're staying in Sarteneja, the Verde brothers (who also guide form San Pedro, see above) are each available individually as guides.
- Green Horizon Flats Fishing is run by the Verde brothers, Nathaniel, Ezekiel, and Tayo, who have been working together as fishing guides since childhood. They have 3 Panga boats to accommodate up to 6 anglers total between them all, or a 38-foot Sea Ray Cabin Cruiser that can be booked for a 6-day, 7-night trip (only $2500) to be able to spend the most time fishing.
- Nathaniel Verde (Nato) - fly fishing trips from $400. See more info, contact, and book online.
- Ezekiel Verde - flats fly fishing or reef fishing with conventional gear from $400. See more info, contact, and book online.
- Tayo Verde - full day local fishing trips for $500. See more info, contact, and book online.
- Belize River Lodge offers a day fishing package for cruise travelers ($695), or 3 night, 2 day lodge fishing packages ($1696), and 7 night, 6 day lodge fishing packages ($4375). See more info, contact, and book online.
- Belize Sailing Vacations has luxurious sailing excursions that you can book overnight and include fishing, snorkeling, kayaking, and paddle boarding, plus a personal chef preparing your meals on board. Starting rates for their boat options are:
- $995 per night for the Abisque. See more info, contact, and book online.
- $1095 for the Island Girl or the Palometa. Click either of the linked boats for more info, to contact, and book online.
- $1195 for the Luna Sea. See more info, contact, and book online.
- A bit north of Placencia, Palmento Grove Cultural & Fishing Lodge is a lodge to visit for a cultural immersion into the Garifuna world. A folksy lagoon group fishing experience starts at just $50 per person or get your own, more typical guided experience starting at $210 with their veteran fishing guide who has over 30 years of experience. Palmento Grove can also set you up to enjoy plenty of other Belizean activities when you’re not fishing. See more info, contact, and book online.
Bountiful water and beautiful weather... you've gotta see it to Belize it! Contact a guide, book a trip, or drop us a line if you need any assistance.