Belize is a traveler’s paradise and an excellent fishing destination, especially for fly fishers looking to catch a grand slam of tarpon, permit and bonefish (all three fish species are strictly catch and release in Belize). Other fish to catch include snook, red snapper, barracuda, amberjacks, mahi mahi, jack crevalle, wahoo, grouper, bonito, king mackerel, Blue Marlin, White Marlin, sailfish, yellowfin tuna, and blackfin tuna.
Come for inshore fishing on flats or the reef or deep sea fishing, and choose from any of the guides and charters below. All guides listed here can be booked and paid securely and directly online through Fisher Guiding.
Belize Fishing Locations and Trip Options
Fishing Guides and Charters in San Pedro / Ambergris Caye
- Abner Marin and his wife Marisela run GoFish Belize, a premier operation for both fly fishing and light tackle with Abner serving as head guide and additional guides guaranteeing availability on most dates. GoFish Belize is one of our top recommendations from past fishers for fly and spin fishing, and they can be booked for snorkeling and night fishing as well (from $350). See more info, contact, and book online.
- Laji Nunez Jr. and Laji Sr., are a father-son team operating as New Day Adventures (from $285). They offer spin fishing tours as well as snorkeling and beach BBQ's with your catch. See more info, contact, and book online.
- Choose from the 25’ Panga boat (from $300), 28’ Offshore (from $500), 38’ Offshore (from $500), or 41’ Offshore (from $600) with Fishing Blues. Click any of the linked boats for more info, to contact, and book online.
- Xsite Belize offers inshore charters (from $275) as well as overnight trips on their live aboard catamaran for fishing, diving, snorkeling, and camping. They also have a separate listing for deep sea charters (from $535). Click either of the linked pages for more info, to contact, and book online.
- Palapa Tours offers fishing and snorkeling charters from two boats, a 23' Lanchon for fishing trips with up to 5 guests or snorkeling up to 8 guests and a 29' offshore boat for fishing trips up to 6 guests or snorkeling up to 20 guests. Tours can include combinations of fishing, spearfishing, and snorkeling the reef or Belize's famous marine reserves. Fishing starts between $250 - $700 depending on the trip type, and snorkeling trips are $45 per person for half days, $90 per person for full days. See more info, contact, and book online.
- Strike Force Fishing Charters with Darryl Lewis operates trips out of Grand Caribe Belize on a Strike 29' with Twin diesel engines. Half day trips are $550 for the morning, 7 am - 12 pm, or afternoon from 1 pm until dusk. Full day charters are $750. See more info, contact, and book online.
Fishing Guides and Charters in Placencia
(*for Harvest Caye, contact Hardcore Fishing Belize)
- Guide Grayson Sierra of Waatadaag Fishing offers half day trips for $265.95 and full day trips for $372.50. See more info, contact, and book online.
- Daniel Cabral’s Fishing Service offers full day trips for 1-2 anglers fishing the flats, reef, or offshore for $450. See more info, contact, and book online.
- Hardcore Fishing Belize serves Placencia and makes calls to Harvest Caye for guests coming on Norwegian Cruise Line. Captain Erwin Westby and crew have several trip options to take you fishing in the inner reef, outer reef, deep sea, or cayes. Book a trip for up to 6 anglers with conventional (spin) or trolling gear on their 32' Pelagic boat, with rates starting at $1100. For smaller groups of up to 3 anglers, book a fly or spin fishing for up to 3 anglers on one of their 23’ skiffs, the Fish Frenzy or Light Tackle (each from $400). Click any of the linked boats for more info, to contact, and book online.
- Conrad Villanueva’s Placencia Wildside Adventures is a full-service option to get set up on a private boat with an expert fishing guide, prepare a beach BBQ for lunch with your morning’s catch, and can combine fishing trips with lobster hunting and snorkeling on Belize’s barrier reef. View trip options for up to 8 guests, with rates starting at $315 for a half-day for 1-2 anglers. See more info, contact, and book online.
Fishing Charters in Caye Caulker
- Mojo Big Game Fishing (from $450) offers an inshore fishing option, deep sea fishing, and for those seeking an adrenaline-filled trip, spear fishing! See more info, contact, and book online.
Fishing Guides in Sarteneja
- Green Horizon Flats Fishing is run by the Verde brothers, Nathaniel, Ezekiel, and Tayo, who have been working together as fishing guides since childhood. They have 3 Panga boats to accommodate up to 6 anglers total between them all, or a 38-foot Sea Ray Cabin Cruiser that can be booked for a 6-day, 7-night trip (only $2500) to be able to spend the most time fishing. We recommend contacting Nathaniel first to plan a trip.
- Nathaniel Verde - fly fishing trips from $400. See more info, contact, and book online.
- Ezekiel Verde - flats fly fishing or reef fishing with conventional gear from $400. See more info, contact, and book online.
- Tayo Verde - full day local fishing trips for $500. See more info, contact, and book online.
Fishing Charters in Belize City
- Belize River Lodge offers a day fishing package for cruise travelers ($695), or 3 night, 2 day lodge fishing packages ($1696), and 7 night, 6 day lodge fishing packages ($4375). See more info, contact, and book online.
- Belize Sailing Vacations has luxurious sailing excursions that you can book overnight and include fishing, snorkeling, kayaking, and paddle boarding, plus a personal chef preparing your meals on board. Starting rates for their boat options are:
- $995 per night for the Abisque. See more info, contact, and book online.
- $1095 for the Island Girl or the Palometa. Click either of the linked boats for more info, to contact, and book online.
- $1195 for the Luna Sea. See more info, contact, and book online.
Fishing Guides in Hopkins Village
- A bit north of Placencia, Palmento Grove Cultural & Fishing Lodge is a lodge to visit for a cultural immersion into the Garifuna world. A folksy lagoon group fishing experience starts at just $50 per person or get your own, more typical guided experience starting at $210 with their veteran fishing guide who has over 30 years of experience. Palmento Grove can also set you up to enjoy plenty of other Belizean activities when you’re not fishing. See more info, contact, and book online.
Bountiful water and beautiful weather... you've gotta see it to Belize it! Contact a guide, book a trip, or drop us a line if you need any assistance.