Capt. Anthony Perez from Atlantida Punta Cana checked in with a guest post to describe why Fall is a prime time to fish for many species in Punta Cana. Read more below and book your trip with any of Atlantida Punta Cana's boats and crews from the links below:
- Marlin Fever - Atlantida Punta Cana (Deep Sea; offshore)
- Awesome Success - Atlantida Punta Cana (Deep Sea; offshore)
- A&A Success - Atlantida Punta Cana (Deep Sea; offshore)
- Balyhoo Contender - Atlantida Punta Cana (Nearshore fishing; bottom fishing)
- The Reef - Atlantida Punta Cana (Inshore fishing; fly fishing)
- Sea Ray 245 - Atlantida Punta Cana (Nearshore fishing; inshore fishing; sunset cruises and snorkel tours)
- Vixen (Luxury SeaRay) - Atlantida Punta Cana (Nearshore fishing; bottom fishing; sunset cruises and snorkel tours)
For snorkel & beach catamaran trips, also check out Atlantida's FunCat 340.
Fishing in Fall in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
For all my deep-sea fishing fans, Autumn is the best time for fishing in the Punta Cana area. During Fall, luck is in our favor with the variety of species that you may catch. It is still peak season for Marlins, so do not be alarmed if you are caught in a battle with a Marlin.
During Autumn, the Wahoo or Guatapana also enter the waters of Punta Cana. These species are known for their speed and the difficulty to get one on board. Due to their aggressiveness and intelligence, it can be a power struggle to catch one. You will endure a rush of excitement as these prey are known to be unpredictable. In the blink of an eye, your line will be cut due to their sharp teeth and the ability to move quickly.
These are a great catch when you are in the mood to eat some tasty fish, especially when you want to share it with loved ones. Their average weight is 20 to 45 pounds. The best time to catch this delicious fish is during their eating time, the early morning and in the afternoon hours after 4 p.m.
Cap Cana is famous for having Mahi Mahi almost year around. In Autumn, they begin to appear bigger in size, usually 40 to 60 pounds. Not to mention, you will not be arriving at Marina Cap Cana with only 1 Mahi Mahi, but you will be arriving with multiple.