Vancouver Island and the waters around Vancouver are home to some of the best sportfishing in the Pacific Ocean and top fishing charters and guides in British Columbia. Targeted species of fish include all five species of Pacific Salmon (Chinook / King, Coho, Sockeye, Pink / humpback, Chum / dog), Halibut, Red Snapper, Albacore Tuna, and Cod.
The fishing season is year-round, with the peak months being May, June, July, August and September. You'll have the chance to catch salmon of over 50 lbs, halibut over 200 lbs, or reel in a sturgeon on the famous Fraser River, where they've been caught weighing in at over 1,000 lbs.
When you fish Vancouver Island or the mainland, don't be surprised to see some more than just fish on your trip. You may get an up-close look at gray whales, orcas, dolphins, seals, sea lions, black bears, or a bald eagle!
Licenses and Requirements:
On most charters from Vancouver Island, you will need a valid fishing license (tidal fishing license and salmon stamp if fishing for salmon). These licenses can be purchased online from the Department of Fisheries and Oceans of BC website.
Prices are displayed in USD. All charters and guides listed below can be contacted and booked online through their linked pages.
Ucluelet and Tofino
- Reel Time Fishing Charters - Ucluelet BC
- Operated by Captain Andrew "Turk" Turkstra. Starting prices are $460 for half day trips, $725 for full day trips, $1375 for two day trip packages, and $1985 for three day trip packages.
- 1-4 fishers, 26-ft Hourston Glascraft
- Mark's Reel Fishing Adventures
- Operated by Captain Mark Durante. Starting prices are $510 for 4 hour trips, $735 for 6 hour trips, and $960 for 8 hour trips.
- 1-5 fishers, heated 29-ft offshore boat
- Wild Pacific Charters
- Operated by Captain Alan Boyd. Starting price for 8 hour trips is $1100.
- 1-5 fishers, 30-ft Grady White Marlin
- Ospray Fishing Charters
- Operated by Captain Shawn Hillier. Starting prices are $850 for 6 hour trips, $1100 for 8 hour trips, $1400 for 10 hour trips.
- 1-4 fishers, 28-ft Hourston covered cruiser
- Invictus Charters
- Operated by Captain Gerry Rupp. Starting prices are $550 for 5 hours inshore fishing, $600 for 6 hours inshore fishing, $800 for 8 hours inshore fishing, $1100 for 8 hours offshore fishing.
- 1-4 fishers, 22-ft Silver Streak
- Reel Time Fishing Charters - Nanaimo
- Operated by Captain Andrew "Turk" Turkstra. Offers packages for 4 hour to 8 hour trips starting at $320 for bronze, $340 for silver, and $380 for gold.
- 1-4 fishers, 23-ft Hourston Glascraft Sedan
- Cliff's Chinook Charters
- Operated by Captain Cliff Moors. Half day trips are $550, full day trips are $850. Preferred areas to fish are Comox Valley, Hornby Island, Powell River and Campbell River.
- 1-4 fishers, 24-ft Wellcraft
- Fish Harder Charters
- Captain Ryan operates two boats, a 22-ft and a 25-ft Campion.
- Prices for 1-3 fishers on the 22-ft Campion boat start at $575 for half days, $900 for full days.
- Prices for 1-4 fishers on the 25-ft Campion start at $700 for half days, $1075 for full days.
Mainland Vancouver (Surrounding)
Primary Fish Targeted: All five Pacific Salmon species (Chinook / King, Sockeye, Coho, Pink / Humpback, Chum (dog), White Sturgeon, Steelhead Trout, Dolly Varden.
- Funky's Fishing Adventure
- Operated by Captain Rick Funky. Starting prices are $525 for 6 hour trips, $575 for 8 hour trips, $625 for 10 hour trips.
- 1-6 fishers, River Boat
- Tightline Fishing Adventures
- Operated by Captain Tony Moore. 8 hour trips are $650.
- 1-4 fishers, Jetboat